The HiTouch Internship Program is designed for college students and graduates who have entrepreneurial ambitions of pursing a career in marketing, digital media, public relations, fundraising and/or event management.
Upon completion of the program, HiTouch interns will have built a portfolio of professional work and expanded their professional network. Internship opportunities are available year-round depending on available openings.
Selected candidates will intern with HiTouch for a minimum of 12 weeks working on various client projects in all different capacities. The internship process will allow candidates to experience all aspects of the business, receive personal mentorship from the Principal Owner of HiTouch and learn the necessary skills to work independently in the fields of Marketing, Public Relations, Fundraising, and Event Production.
Requirements & Expectations
- Minimum 12 week commitment
- Work minimum of 2 days a week in the office; 10 hours total (Office hours Monday – Friday 8AM – 6PM; 30 S. 15th Street)
- Work minimum of 15 hours remotely (to build independence)
- Work at least 1 event per month (event days and times vary per project)
Project Work Includes
- Developing and managing content for social media and press kits
- Assisting with the planning and promotion of client events
- Coordinating with client vendors to accomplish project goals
- Updating client websites (wordpress sites)
- Creating marketing materials consistent with client brand
- Producing sponsorship materials and assisting with sponsor outreach
- Providing support for all client events as needed
- Market research and implementation of best practices in Marketing and Communications
Please note this is an unpaid internship. To apply, click here to complete the application.
Application Will Re-Open: September 12, 2018
Required Training Date: TBD
Salary: Paid per event, $15 – $20/hour
HiTouch Enterprises is seeking event assistants to provide support on client projects. Ideal candidates should be able to act proactively, work under pressure within tight deadlines, have a high level of customer service and work well on teams. HiTouch is a fast-paced, fast-growing boutique firm with major client events throughout the year.
Event Assistants are “as-needed” contractors hired specifically to work on HiTouch client events. Event Assistants are given more than 30 days notice on events, in most cases. This position is ideal for individuals seeking additional part-time work throughout the year. All accepted applicants will be required to attend training on Saturday, June 2, 2018.
- Day of event support as needed
- Monitoring and managing pre and day of event registration
- Assisting HiTouch staff in preparing for events included but not limited to vendor follow up, attendee registration, set up of event space, confirming guests, speakers and vendors, preparing event decor, setting up event signage, etc.
- Maintaining special event solicitation and mailing lists and prepare them for mailings
- Generate acknowledgement letters to special event donors
- Prepare invoices for special event pledges
- Other duties as assigned.
Type of Events
- Outdoor Festivals and Concerts
- Workshops, Seminars & Business Meetings
- National Conferences
- Business Professional Awards Ceremonies, Events & Galas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational abilities, manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when events occur
- Excellent people and customer relations skills
- Ability to work with diplomacy and tact at all times
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work graciously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, Asana, and Canva a plus
No phone calls please. Please check back on September 12, 2018 for a link to the application.